I’m Susan, an interior designer. As a mother, I was fed up with having to compromise when travelling as a family or with friends compared to some of the beautiful luxury spaces I’d been able to enjoy as a solo traveller or as a couple. I knew that there had to be a better way.
So, in 2018 I created my first luxury space for family and friends, integrating luxury and cleanliness of a 5-star hotel with the space and comfort of a rental apartment. I sought out and rejuvenated some of the most beautiful and emblematic buildings which through the passage of time had become unloved. With our excellent team, they have been brought back to life, full of the luxuries of modern living, without losing the timeless charm and period features that made them so amazing in the first place.
Today, with my company Espais Roca, you can experience living like a local in 10 amazing locations throughout Europe with more coming soon.
The concept is simple
- Travel should be a treat – Our guests enjoy levels of luxury and comfort that surprise and delight them.
- Responsive service – travelling should always be a pleasure. We’re there when you need us.
- Kids need to have a great time – if the kids have a great time, everyone has a great time. Every one of our spaces has Xbox, free Netflix, Board games, Toys, and more.
- Eco-friendly – all the spaces are Carbon Neutral meaning we preserve natural resources and limit our impact on the environment. We use the latest technologies to generate green power, capture rainwater and ensure that luxury stays don’t necessarily mean a guilty conscience.
- Modern luxury with heritage – all the spaces are freshly renovated but always preserve their original emblematic architecture.
The concept came together little by little, with me listening closely to what our guests wanted. Today, we are blessed to be fully booked nearly all of the time.
We are also developing new spaces and concepts – so more exciting surprises are to come.
Projects in Development :
- Casa Vitor – a 2-bedroom apartment in Chiado – Lisbon’s most chic address, opening in 2022.
- Casa Cordon – a 3-bedroom family apartment in Chiado, Lisbon, featuring a media /games room, opening in 2022.
- The Waterfront Retreats – two new lakeside eco-lodges on our 14 acre estate in the UK, designed for couples and small families to reconnect with one another, relax and rejuvenate.
- Casa Roca – a boutique apart-hotel comprising 10 amazing apartments in one of Palma’s most emblematic art-deco buildings, right in the heart of the old town. Casa Roca will also benefit from its own gastronomic store showcasing amazing wines and artisan products from the islands and our cooking school. The experience will be topped off by a private cinema and gym for guests to enjoy, opening in 2023.